Using version 2.2, I was battling with strange messages, like Access Violations when opening a project, or "your project file is corrupted" messages.
There seems to be no discernible pattern until I saw that the Long Description value I set in my project has dissapeared, replaced by a single "N" char.
So, steps to reproduce:
- Open PHsPeed and create a new project.
- Set any long description with two or more words, separated by space.
- Save and close PHsPeed.
- Reopen PHsPeed
- Open the project -> Access Violation
At this point, if I checked the project properties, my Long Description value was substituted by a single "N" char.
I'm sure at some point I saw a yellow warning message in the messages pane telling something like "Cannot compile project section" but I didn't wrote it down, sorry.
Examining the project file, I found my long description value is stored in an INDEX atribute, something like :
^INDEX="My long description".
After the error what I found is: